Rules & Regulations
The clubhouse is intended for use primarily by the members. By making special arrangements with the general manager, a member may request use of the facility for a private party.
Rates will be dependent upon day of the week, as well as time of the year. Contact management for specifics.
- A deposit of $100.00 shall be collected.
- Rental fees and deposits shall be collected upon booking the facility.
- No food or beverages shall be brought into the facility. All items must be purchased from or through the Ballard Golf & Country Club.
Legal capacities for occupancy have been established as follows:
- Tiffany room: 40
- Main dining room: 120
- Downstairs: 120
Children under 12 years of age are not permitted on the course or in the clubhouse without an accompanying adult member, except on junior golf lessons days. Children under 12 years may not play golf on Saturdays, Sundays or Holidays prior to 12:00 p.m.
United States Golf Association “Rules of Golf” and local ground rules shall govern all play.
- Players wishing to participate in tournaments requiring handicaps must record their scores for each nine holes played and have a minimum of ten scores to establish a handicap.
- All players must have an identification tag on their golf bag.
- Each player must have his or her own golf clubs and bag.
- Tuesdays, starting the 2nd Tuesday in May and ending the 1st Tuesday in September (except on holidays), shall be designated as ladies day. Play on ladies day, after 3:00 p.m. is restricted to ladies 21 years of age or older.
- Thursdays, except on holidays, shall be designated as men’s day. Play on men’s day after 12:00 p.m. is restricted to men 21 years of age or older. The course will close for league play, shotgun start, at 3pm.
- All tournaments must be approved and scheduled by the Board of Directors. Club tournaments are restricted to members only. League play, the Calcutta, the Ryder Cup and Memorial are restricted to person’s 21 years and older, otherwise all tournaments are restricted to person’s 18 years of age or older, with the exceptions of junior tournaments and parent/child tournaments.
- Single players shall receive the least preference for tee times on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays. No more than five players shall constitute a group without prior approval of the general manager.
- Tee times shall be reserved on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays from Memorial Day to Labor Day.
- Foursomes and fivesomes playing the second nine may alternate with other groups teeing off number one tee.
Gas or electric golf carts shall be subjected to the following restrictions and regulations:
- Personal Golf carts may be operated by an individual 14 years of age or older, and the club’s carts by an individual 16 years of age or older with a valid driver’s permit. Any members abusing cart regulations or operating a cart in a reckless manner may lose their privileges.
- The owner of the golf cart shall be responsible for damages caused by the owner’s cart.
- The general manager and/or the course superintendent shall have sole discretion to determine when golf carts may be used.
- Golf carts may not be driven in bunkers or closer than 25 feet to any tee or green. The only exception is where paved cart paths are provided.
- No golf carts are allowed in the fairway on holes #6 and #9. Members may request a medical waiver, from the Board of Directors, to receive permission to drive on these two fairways.
- Golf carts kept on Ballard Golf and Country Club property must be housed in the buildings provided for such purposes. The club assumes no responsibility for theft, damage or liability arising from the use or storage of golf carts on the premises. Members who bring their own cart to the course shall pay an annual trail fee of $100.00. Non-members shall pay a daily trail fee of $10.00 with the exception of tournaments.
Use of the property and the lake is intended for the membership. Members must check in at the clubhouse. Fishing shall be restricted to members and their families. Children under 12 years of age must be accompanied by an adult. Hunting is not permitted on Ballard Golf and Country Club property.
All member responsibilities, requirements and privileges are outlined in section 2 of the corporation by-laws. The Board of Directors recommends that all members read this section.